New volunteers are always wanted to cover many different duties:
- staffing the library during opening times and help it run effectively
- helping with our related activities – see Free activities
- publicity and networking with local media and other organisations
- working on our website and social media
- co-ordinating and supporting volunteers
- fundraising and applying for grants and sponsorship
- being an active part of our planning group
We are also interested in recruiting (in the voluntary sense; you will not get paid!) groups with special hobbies and interests, who would like to start new groups to meet regulary in the library.
We currently open three days per week and our ability to maintain, and eventually extend our opening hours, is totally dependent on our pool of volunteers. We also need the skills and support of volunteers to help develop and extend the value of the library as a local resource to benefit the Cathall and Cann Hall communities.
To apply as volunteer bring the completed form (provided below), together with the forms of ID indicated, to the library. Or alternatively call in to see us and fill in the form in person.
What you gain
Opportunities to learn new skills, expand and develop your existing skills, add to your CV, meet new people, engage in local networking.
We are working in partnership with the local Housing Association, the CBHA, who fund our premises and are able to offer us help with training.